Aastra Recovery mode "Application not found. Recovery web"

I still have a few Aastra 480i SIP phones working, I had the strange error on the screen

"Application not found. To restore go to recovery web page. Recovery web page at: 192.168.1.64"


My first error was log into the phone using that IP and to try to upload the last firmware, but what was needed was more rudimentary.

What you need is:
1. A crossover cable [You can google it]

2. TFTP server running in your PC/MAC [I found pumpKIN from Klever, it has funny notify sounds and it's available for Windows and MAC systems. Also you can use the most popular Solarwinds]
    http://kin.klever.net/pumpkin#.Vt8udubBViQ

3. Firmware [in my case the last 480i.st I could get] At the bottom of this article you can download .st files that hopefully will help.

Ok, First of all, I guess the procedure it's pretty much the same for every model, but I can't tell for sure what cause the problem, so use it under your own risk.

This is what I did:

A. Configure your network card with a static IP, in the same range your phone is showing, due my Aastra showed 192.168.1.64 I set my ethernet card as 192.168.1.70 (255.255.255.0 or /24)

B. Download and configure your TFTP server and bind it to your static IP.


C. Put the .st file in the appropiate folder (C:\Program Files\Tftpd64)

D. Plug the crossover cable one edge to the card with the static IP and the other to the Aastra phone

E. From any web brower go to the address the Aastra screen shows. You'll be prompted to fill two boxes,
    TFPTP server (in my case 192.168.1.70) and firmware file name (in my case 480i.st)



    Hit the download firmware button.
    Phone screen, Web page


   and also tftp program will notify you the download progress


F. Once the download it's done phone will reboot, in that time you can unplug the crossover cable and plug the phone to the switch. Probably the phone will keep the last configuration so you better take a look on the config to avoid bad surprises.

If you think my knowledge is useful please donate

Firmware for Aastras (several models)
http://rapidgator.net

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Enable MP3 codec on Windows 10 (Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec / l3codecp.acm)

La de Clave entidad federativa DIF no corresponde con las opciones del catalogo del SAT CFDI 4.0 Nomina

Audio streaming from Ubuntu / darkice / pulseaudio to remote icecast server