DELL Alert! The AC power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined

I got a new surprise from DELL, again I had no clue what was the problem.

The laptop had extremely slow performance (open/close files, internet connection, open/close programs, bootup and shutdown), keystrokes had a big delay and also sounds could not be played.

What I did was:
- update drivers
- scan for malware
- Factory reset
- Dell diagnostic tool
- Dell hardware diagnostic the one accessible from one time boot menu
- etc

and nothing worked for me!!!

The only message I got was:

Alert! The AC power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined. The battery may not charge. The system will adjust the performance to match the power available.


I know!!!... this does not sound logic, normally when your AC adapter is broken your laptop won't boot up but............ I test with a identical AC Adapter from other laptop and problem GONE.



As the warning says "...The system will adjust the performance to match the power available" is completely true.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Enable MP3 codec on Windows 10 (Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec / l3codecp.acm)

La de Clave entidad federativa DIF no corresponde con las opciones del catalogo del SAT CFDI 4.0 Nomina

Audio streaming from Ubuntu / darkice / pulseaudio to remote icecast server